COTABATO CITY—The Ministry of Labor and Employment (MOLE) on Thursday, Sep. 30 distributed the 3-month salaries of 127 members of Hay-atul Ulama who are beneficiaries of its Government Internship Program (GIP).
Each beneficiary received PhP14,850.00 pay for the months of July-September. They are from Cotabato City, Maguindanao, and Special Geographic Area (SGA) in North Cotabato.
GIP is an intervention of the MOLE, through the Bureau of Employment Promotion and Welfare, designed to provide opportunities to fresh college graduates to work in government for three months.
Each monthly stipend from MOLE is worth Php4,950.00 or equivalent to 75% of the minimum wage, while the remaining 25% share shall come from the partner-employer.
MOLE Minister Romeo Sema assured that the ministry will continue to implement its mandates, power, and authority in line with the R.A. 11054 or the Bangsamoro Organic Law (BOL).
“Pumasa na rin ako ng resolution at request sa Parliament na ang lahat ng ministries, offices, private institutions, private sectors, at local government units na bigyan ng pondo ang 25% na counterpart nila para sa sweldo ng mga GIPs,” said Sema, who is also a member of the Bangsamoro Transition Authority Parliament.
In his message, BARMM Chief Minister Ahod Ebrahim stressed that granting stipends to the Ulama “speaks volumes about the Government of the Day’s earnest desire to provide opportunities for our very own esteemed Islamic clerics and perhaps, provide our various ministries, agencies, and offices another perspective in governance – inspired by our shared faith and values.”
“We look forward on having more programs like this iteration of the GIP – dedicated for our Ulama and those who sacrificed for the Bangsamoro struggle,” Ebrahim said.
Mukrima Nawal, 34, Arabic teacher from Mahad Mamasabulod in Pagalungan, Maguindanao said she was grateful to the MOLE and the Bangsamoro Government for the assistance she received.
“Alhamdulillah sa tulong na ito, at sana ay mayroon pang mga susunod na distribusyon sa mga katulad naming mga ustadza at mga ulama dahil malaking oportunidad ito para sa amin,” Mukrima said.
A similar distribution will be also held for the beneficiaries in the island provinces of Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi, and in Lanao del Sur. (Bangsamoro Information Office)
7,506 total views, 4 views today