Cotabato City (September 8, 2020)—The Ministry of Labor and Employment (MOLE-BARMM) has allocated a total of Php60,180,000.00 fund for Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19) Assistance Program (CAP) intended for the 12,037 workers from the formal sector of the Bangsamoro region.
The program aims to help the formal labor sectors, especially those establishments that are mostly affected by Covid-19 pandemic.
The said fund was approved by the Office of the Chief Minister (OCM-BARMM) last month and was released by the Ministry of Finance, and Budget and Management (MFBM) to the Ministry of Labor and Employment last August 17.
Labor and Employment Minister Romeo K. Sema said that the Bureau of Labor Relations and Standards (BLRS) are on the process of preparing the required supporting document for its eventual release to the recipient workers in various establishments in BARMM.
“Nagpapasalamat din kami kay Chief Minister Ahod “Al Haj Murad” Ebrahim, dahil inaprubahan niya itong budget para sa ating mga formal sectors, at ito’y malaking tulong sa lahat ng Covid-affected workers in entire Bangsamoro region,” Sema said.
“Naka-schedule sana ang launching nitong CAP, but unfortunately, because of increasing positive case of Covid-19, sa ngayon pinag-aaralan muna namin ang releasing nito,” he added.
BLRS Head Abdulrakman Nor said that while gatherings are not advised because of the Covid-19 situation, the Ministry is considering the release of fund through bank transfer, money remittance and/or payroll for nearby establishments.
The first distribution is scheduled next week in Cotabato City for the formal sector workers, followed by other BARMM provinces and 63 Barangays in Cotabato Province.
Meanwhile, the MOLE-BARMM management is requesting some concerned establishments, with lacking documents, to complete the requirements in order to support the processing of checks and payrolls of their workers. (Bureau of Public Information)
29,735 total views, 2 views today