COTABATO CITY – Minister of Labor and Employment Romeo Sema presented the ministry’s priority programs and services for fiscal year 2021 to the people of Tawi-Tawi province during his visit on the island last week, April 6-9.
The programs include the Bangsamoro Rural Employment thru Entrepreneurial Development (BREED) Program, Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) and Government Internship Program (GIP), Community Emergency Employment Program (CEEP), Sagip Batang Manggagawa (SBM) Program, Bangsamoro Reintegration Program, and Assistance Program on Repatriated Overseas Bangsamoro Workers.
Livelihood assistance for rural workers association
Under the BREED Program, qualified groups of workers from informal sector such as farmers, fisherfolks, women, persons with disabilities, and other marginalized groups, will be provided with livelihood assistance worth Php25,000.00 as their capital to start a business.
Sema said the groups will also be provided with technical and financial literacy orientation to enable them to efficiently manage their businesses.
“Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) and Moro Islamic Liberartion Front (MILF) combatants are strongly encouraged to organize (their groups) and avail of the said program to augment their economic activities,” he said.
With a total budget of Php3,750,000.00, at least 150 rural workers associations across the region will be recipients of the program. Of these groups, 20 shall be from Tawi-Tawi province.
Bridging employment assistance for the youth
“We also have the bridging employment assistance for the youth program wherein Bangsamoro youth who are not in education, employment, or training, are given the opportunity to work,” the minister said.
Under the SPES, high school students and out-of-school youth are employed during summer with stipend amounting to 60% of the minimum wage which will be provided by the MOLE, while the other 40% share shall be shouldered by the partner-employer.
With a total budget of Php5,400,000.00, there are 1,500 target recipients across the region; 200 of them will be coming from Tawi-Tawi.
The GIP, on the other hand, provides opportunity to fresh college graduates to work in the government for three (3) months with monthly stipend equivalent to 75% of the minimum wage which shall come from the MOLE while the remaining 25% share shall come from the partner-employer.
1,900 recipients across the region have been targeted under this program; 150 of whom shall come from Tawi-Tawi.
On April 7, Minister Sema and Tawi-Tawi Provincial Governor Ysmael Sali signed a Memorandum of Agreement wherein fifteen (15) fresh graduates will be designated for three months to the provincial capitol.
Community Emergency Employment Program
“We also have the CEEP wherein workers in informal sectors will be employed for 15 days immediately after emergency or calamity for them to earn money and recover from such onslaught,” Sema said.
The program has 1,750 recipients across the region, with a fund of Php7,875,000.00. 250 of the recipients will be from the province of Tawi-Tawi.
Eliminating child labor in BARMM
“The MOLE is working hard to eliminate child labour in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region to save the future of children who are engaged in child labour,” said Sema.
Under the SBM Program, MOLE identifies children who are forced to work compromising their right to education and welfare. Each of the identified children will be provided with Php20,000.00, which shall be managed by their parents through putting up a business.
With Php15,000,000.00 budget, the program has 750 recipients across BARMM and 110 of them shall be coming from Tawi-Tawi.
Reintegration program for OFWs
Sema said that those Overseas Filipino Workers from BARMM who have finished their contracts and have no plans on going back will be provided with livelihood assistance worth Php20,000.00 each.
2,450 recipients have been targeted across the region wherein 200 will be from Tawi-Tawi. The program has an allotted budget of Php49,000,000.00.
Assistance for repatriated overseas Bangsamoro workers
There are 250 recipients under this program, with a total budget of Php2,500,000.00. According to Sema, each of the repatriated worker shall receive Php10,000.00 cash assistance upon their arrival at their homes.
“This fiscal year 2021, we have established our field offices here in the province of Tawi-Tawi and other cluster areas for our fellow Bangsamoro who are definitely needing the socio-economic interventions of the Bangsamoro Government,” Sema said.
He also emphasized that Tawi-Tawi has a total share of Php11,515,000.00 from MOLE’s budget of operation. (Bangsamoro Information Office)
17,111 total views, 10 views today